Thursday 21 March 2013

Week 7: Using Digital Media

So I've finally figured out this blogging business.... Now I understand I can just post in one blog as apposed to creating seperate blogs everytime!

Today in our lecture Keith spoke about the use of digital media in produsing resources. Sometimes I wonder how people survived without all the technology we have readily avaliable to us these days! I know I would struggle! It's truely amazing how easy it is for us to find and share all sorts of information with just the tip of our fingers. Keith spoke about plagerism and how produsing resources can be confused with plagerism, and I completely agree that sharing and produsing information using digital media should not be labeled as plagerising if you always reference and acknowledge where you get your information from.

I walked into the lecture late today and as I walked in Keith was talking about a man from Victoria known as the PE geek http://thepegeek.com/ I found this particularly interesting as I am studying to be a PE teacher. I knew that there is an Application for just about everything you could dream of these days, but I had never thought about applying these apps for teaching. I think its an amazing idea! I can definately see how useful certain apps could be for teaching and coaching. An example from my own personal experience was last year my netball coach had an App on his iPad to record match stats, and he would use this every game and then recall our stats the following week at training. It's amazing how simple and easy things like this can be now, gone are the days of coaching manually writing match stats and trying to keep up with the game play!

No comments:

Post a Comment